Saturday, April 30, 2022

Dealing with afflictions 5

“He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.” Matthew 10:41

The final key in dealing with affliction is taking care of the person who has spiritual leadership over your life. Honoring your Pastor through giving in any form is a way of leveraging on the anointing and the grace that God has put upon him to deal with your affliction. Even if you don’t have any affliction to deal with, honoring your Pastor connects you to the blessing God put on his ministry. This is called venison. Isaac told Esau to bring him some venison so that his soul may bless him.

“And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance.” Luke 8:3

“And she said unto her husband, Behold now, I perceive that this is an holy man of God, which passeth by us continually. Let us make a little chamber, I pray thee, on the wall; and let us set for him there a bed, and a table, and a stool, and a candlestick: and it shall be, when he cometh to us, that he shall turn in thither.” 2 Kings 4:9-10

Honor your Pastor regularly at your level and God shall bless you. Some people ministered to Jesus of their own substances. The Shunamite woman perceived that Elisha was a Man of God and decided to make him comfortable. She did not even consider herself to be in need of a child anymore, but God visited her and gave her a child. Be generous to your Pastor.

May you be visited in this new month in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, meet me at the point of my need in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: