Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Implications of the cross 2

 “Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and  with his stripes we are healed. .” Isaiah 53: 4-5

Jesus had no sin, but took our place of sin, and received the punishment so that all who believe in Him can take His place of righteousness. This is called vicarious liability. All that Jesus went through was substitutional, our griefs and sorrow He had taken. WHAT HE HAD TAKEN CAN NOT BE IN OUR LIVES LEGALLY. He received punishment for you and me to receive peace and healing.

 “Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.:” 1 Peter 2:24

“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23

All that Jesus did for us we can claim to live above sin, sickness, afflictions, and sorrow. We have become the righteousness of God and so must produce the fruit of righteousness. We must walk in the consciousness of this revelation and be bold in our declarations and actions against the work of darkness in our lives.

May you receive the provision of God through Christ Jesus.

Prayer for today: I break the yoke of sin, sickness, grief, and sorrow over my life in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: