Friday, April 29, 2022

Dealing with afflictions 4

 “Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.” James 5:13

If you can pray, your affliction cannot live. Prayer is key to ending any affliction no matter how deep and stubborn it is. If you are finding it difficult to pray, get in agreement with someone who can pray. Put yourself in an atmosphere of prayer and praise.  Attend church services and get involved in intercession.  Sometimes you may need to intercede for people going through similar affliction for you to receive your own deliverance.

“And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.” Acts 16:25-26

“And the Lord turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.” Job 42:10

Demonically inspired affliction cannot survive the heat of the Holy Spirit. Prayer generates the heat and the anointing of the Holy Spirit. The time of affliction is not a time to run helter-skelter or run from God.  It is a time to draw close to God in prayer and in faith. You may also need to add fasting to the prayer.

No affliction will cross into May 2022 with you in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: I call upon God to deliver me from all my affliction in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: