Thursday, April 7, 2022

Nine mysteries of life 6

 “And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” 1 Cor 13:13

The sixth mystery of life that I want to share with you is the mystery of love.  Love is greater than faith and hope. God Himself is love. You cannot truly have God in your life and not work in love. When love is present, positive things are made to happen and there is hope for the future.  When love is in your heart, you would not break the law. You would not destroy yourself or your neighbor if love is at work in your life.

“Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.” Romans 13:10

“He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.” Luke 10:26-27

Love is not sex. If love is sex, a sex prostitute possesses it all. Ammon hated Tamar after he slept with her (2 Samuel 13:15). We need to know God through the revelation of Jesus Christ for us to walk in true love. Biblical love is expressed by giving. God expressed His love to the world by giving His only begotten Son to rescue humanity from eternal destruction. When love is at work, satan and his work are hindered.

Beloved, the best way to live is to walk in love.

May God’s love envelop our lives and our society in Jesus name.

Prayer for today Oh God, plant the seed of Your love in my heart in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: