Saturday, October 30, 2021

You can do better than this!

 “For it was little which thou hadst before I came, and it is now increased unto a multitude; and the Lord hath blessed thee since my coming: and now when shall I provide for mine own house also?” Genesis 30:30

Jacob had been a slave to Laban for more than twenty-one years. All he could show for his labor was wives and children. He was not even in control of his finances. Laban was in charge and was enjoying the moment. Suddenly, Jacob realized that he was more than this. He realized he could do better. He challenged the situation and realized God’s blessings upon his life.

“And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.”

“Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.” 1 Samuel 17:36

The situation you are not willing to challenge, you cannot change. The future you are not willing to embrace you cannot conquer. Say no to stagnancy, defeat, limitation, and such that have kept you from realizing your full potential. Beloved, if what you are going through is blocking your vision, you may have to turn to God to open your eyes. God wants to do greater things through you. God wants you blessed and not just survive. God wants to enlarge and increase you. Start by asking God to help you and give you grace. Sharpen your skills and dare to take new territories.

As the month of October ends today, may you experience the increase you desire in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, enlarge my coast and expand my territory in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: