Friday, October 22, 2021

At the throne of grace 3

“For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.” Romans 6:14

At the throne of grace, you receive the grace both for the forgiveness of sin and to leave sin alone. The power to leave sin alone is only available in this grace. Grace is the only answer to the sin issue. When grace takes over your life, you revolt against sin without struggle. Grace moves the law from the without into the within of a saved man.

“This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.” Hebrews 10:16-17

“Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin.” Romans 6:6-7

There is a great change when a man surrenders to grace and gives his heart to the Lord. He no longer lives to please the life of sin, but to please God. He is dead to sin. He experiences deliverance from sin, from within, which empowers him to deal with sin without. Paul wrote after his encounter with this grace  in 1 Timothy 1:15, “This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.”

May grace dominate your life in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Let grace be in operation in my life to live above sin in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name. 

No comments: