Saturday, October 23, 2021

At the throne of grace 4

 “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” 2 Corinthians 12:9

Please stay at the throne of grace, even in your dark hour. When grace is at work in your life, you keep standing during the dark hour. Beloved, there is a dark hour. This is the hour when your prayers seem to be unanswered. It is the hour when your hope seems delayed. It is the hour whereby despite all efforts, nothing seems to work. In such an hour, you need the grace to keep standing. You must keep on doing what you are doing until the hour is over. It is not that anything is wrong with you, it is just that the hour is dark and you will only see results when it is passed.

 “When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness.” Luke 22:53

“Then spake the chief butler unto Pharaoh, saying, I do remember my faults this day:” Genesis 41:9

Jesus could not do anything to stop the people from mocking and eventually killing him. Why? It was the dark hour, but grace was available for Him. The Chief butler who Joseph told to help him, did not remember Joseph for two years. Why? It was the dark hour, but sufficient grace was available for Joseph to keep standing. This kind of hour is like a man who has put a seed in the ground. Until the process of time is complete, he will not see fruit. But, he must receive grace to keep watering the seed until the dark hour is over.

Maybe you are going through such a time right now, it will soon be over. The grace of God shall sustain you in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, give me the grace to keep standing in the faith during my dark hour in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: