Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Lessons from Naaman’s story

 “And his servants came near, and spake unto him, and said, My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it? how much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean?” 2 kings 5:13

Naaman might have been a mighty man of valor, but his great blessings were the people around him, and the fact the he listened to their suggestions. He had a maidservant who suggested that he should go to see a Prophet in Israel for his healing. And when he was instructed to do the simplest thing to be healed and he refused, the servants advised him and he listened.

“Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.” Proverbs 11:14

“But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:9

Beloved, the first lesson from the life of Naaman is that you must surround yourself with the right people and be willing to listen to them. No man knows it all no matter how great he may be. Learn to leverage the knowledge of others to achieve greatness in life. The second lesson from the life of Naaman is that the fact that something looks good does not make it God's choice. If you read the story you would discover that Naaman had a better suggestion of the river where he thought he could take his bath to be healed. The rivers he judged as good were unfortunately not God’s choice. However, he listened to his servants, otherwise, he would have remained a leper for life. Beloved, don’t only examine the look, find out what God is saying when making decisions.

May you be surrounded by the right people in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God help me to position myself for the right counsel in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: