Sunday, October 3, 2021

The secret of Daniel 1

 “There is a man in thy kingdom, in whom is the spirit of the holy gods; and in the days of thy father light and understanding and wisdom, like the wisdom of the gods, was found in him; whom the king Nebuchadnezzar thy father, the king, I say, thy father, made master of the magicians, astrologers, Chaldeans, and soothsayers;” Daniel 5:11

Light, understanding, and wisdom like the wisdom of the gods, was found in Daniel. How did he get this? He was consecrated unto God, he meditated on the scriptures, prayed three times a day, and fasted often. You cannot do this and still have darkness (ignorance) in you. You cannot do this and not dominate on earth. You cannot do this and not have the light you need to change your world. Daniel was the New Testament believer in the Old Testament. He had the Holy Spirit and saw Jesus. We the present-day believers need to operate on the same level of light and beyond.

“But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat…….” Daniel 1:8

 “In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books …….” Daniel 9:5

“Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.” Daniel 6:10

“In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.” Daniel 10:2-3

We shall look into each of these in the next four days.

Your week is blessed in Jesus name.

 Prayer for today: Oh God, let your light enter into me in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: