Thursday, October 21, 2021

At the throne of grace 2

 “But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.” 1 Corinthians 15:10

At the throne of grace, you receive the grace to be and to do. When this grace is at work in your life, you work hard without feeling it or complaining about it. When this grace is not taken in vain, hard work is a necessity. If you have received the grace to do something begin to do it. If there is a grace you need, it is available at the throne of grace.

“And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.” Mathew 9:35

“Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him.” Genesis 26:12

Jesus Christ our Lord, had grace without measure to teach, preach and heal. So He went about the cities and villages doing what He had been graced to do. He worked hard at it. Isaac received the grace to do the work of farming in Gerar, so he began to sow in the land. If you have received the grace to do business, start one. If you have received the grace to write, start writing. If you have received the grace to do ministry, start doing it. Whatever you have been given the grace to do, start doing it and work hard at it.

May grace be evident in your life through hard work. May you not take the grace of God in vain your life in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God give me the grace to be what you want me to be and to work at it in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: