Sunday, October 10, 2021

Becoming God’s preference

 “But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7

God rejected Eliab, but preferred and chose David. God said He rejected Eliab because of his heart, and yet He chose David because of his heart. David was a man after God’s own heart (1 Sam 13:14; Acts 13:22). What should be in the heart of a man that will make God prefer him? One key thing you would find in David’s heart was humility. He totally depended on God, worked in obedience,  and would not even fight any battle without God. He cried to God, “Take not your Holy Spirit from me” when he sinned.

 “But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.” James 4:6

“I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him: With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him.” Psalms 89:20-21

“And Samuel said, When thou wast little in thine own sight, wast thou not made the head of the tribes of Israel, and the Lord anointed thee king over Israel?” 1 Samuel 15:17

Even Saul was chosen when humility was found in his heart and consequently rejected when pride replaced humility in his heart. Our Lord Jesus also possessed the spirit of humility (Philippians 2:8). He spent quality time with God daily because He never did anything on His own. If you want God to prefer you, ask Him to give you the spirit of humility and walk in humility.

May humility be found in your heart in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, give me the spirit of humility in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: