Sunday, December 20, 2020

Spiritual reawakening 2

“Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" Psalm 85:6

The second step in spiritual awakening is a cry for revival.  Revival is needed when the first love is dying and the love for the things of God is getting cold. Revival is needed when other things are taking the place of God in our hearts. Revival is needed when the passion for soul-winning is gone and the fire of the Holy Spirit is dying. The enemy is pouring cold water upon many and this calls for an urgent revival.

“Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.” Revelation 2:4

“And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.” Mark 9:24

Can your present love for the Lord sustain the coming persecution? Is your faith growing to quench the dart of the enemy? Are your spiritual hears and eyes opened to receive from the Lord? Are you still passionate for the word of God and for a personal fellowship with God? Just like the man in Mark 9:24, we need to cry that God should help our unbelief and revive us again. We need to ask for an outpouring of His Spirit and power upon us. We need to ask for His move in our churches and all over the world.

Prayer for today: Oh God, send down revival and let it begin with me in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: