Thursday, December 17, 2020

Examine yourself

“Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?" 2 Cor 13:5

In exactly two weeks’ time, the year will be coming to an end, it is necessary for us to do a self-evaluation. First as a temporal being and second as an eternal being. Whatever we do in the present world will affect us in eternity, particularly our faith in Christ Jesus. We cannot really separate our temporal and eternal life from our faith in Christ Jesus. Anything that is not of faith is sin (Rom 14:23). We need to examine ourselves to be sure that we are in faith, and we are living and walking by faith in Christ Jesus.

  “……..for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.” Romans 14:23b

“Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.” Hebrews 10:38

 The faith in Christ is based on hearing His word and doing it. Are you hungry for the word of Christ? Are you passionate about living for Christ based on His word? Are you not also being carried away by the selfishness and worldliness of this end-time? If Christ should come today, will He find you faithful? These are a few of the questions that we need to ask ourselves so that at the end of the day, we will be found to qualify for His glory, both temporal and eternal. May His grace abound with you.

Prayer for today: Oh God, if I have been wrong in my ways, correct me, and make me strong for you all the days of my life in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: