Friday, December 1, 2023

Personal retreat

 “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31

One of the secrets of champions is that they know how to use personal retreat to enforce their advancement. As a believer, you must learn to retreat in order to conquer and advance. The time of retreat is when you wait on the Lord to renew your strength. It is the time you receive fresh light and fresh fire for new destiny conquest. This was the secret of David; he knew how to retreat to conquer. When his father threw him into the bush, he converted it to a retreat. He perfected his shepherd skills, his sling and stone skills, his harp skills, and his ability to trust in the Lord. He came out of his retreat to kill Goliath.

“And when David enquired of the Lord, he said, Thou shalt not go up; but fetch a compass behind them, and come upon them over against the mulberry trees.” 2 Samuel 5:23

“Then answered one of the servants, and said, Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Bethlehemite, that is cunning in playing, and a mighty valiant man, and a man of war, and prudent in matters, and a comely person, and the Lord is with him.” 1 Samuel 16:18

A retreat is not only about praying and fasting. You can meditate on God’s word to know Him more and increase your faith. You can go back to the classroom to learn new skills to advance your career and financial life. You can read new books and watch new videos for personal development. You can seek God for direction and strategy for your goals and vision.

May you find time for personal retreat, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, renew my strength for greater exploits, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: