Saturday, December 30, 2023

Connecting to a desired future 4

 “Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.” James 2:17

Go to work. Work on the agenda that God has given you. You cannot afford to be distracted from the main goal you have set for yourself. Nothing works without someone working on it. Faith without work is dead. The evidence of your faith is the effort you put in. The evidence that you believe in your desired future is the level of work you put into it. If you feel inadequate, go for training and spend time in God’s presence. Put in the work and connect to your desired future.

“Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.” Song of Solomon 1:6

“And as the king passed by, he cried unto the king: and he said, Thy servant went out into the midst of the battle; and, behold, a man turned aside, and brought a man unto me, and said, Keep this man: if by any means he be missing, then shall thy life be for his life, or else thou shalt pay a talent of silver. And as thy servant was busy here and there, he was gone. And the king of Israel said unto him, So shall thy judgment be; thyself hast decided it.” 1 Kings 20:39-40

Focused effort is what connects you to your desired future. I don’t think anybody is lazy, but I think most people are distracted. They are busy either looking at any other person's business or following someone whom they should not follow. Keep your own vineyard. Till your own field. Don’t be busy here and there. Stop looking for other people’s attention. If you focus on your field, your results will command people’s attention.

I wish you a happy 2024, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: I receive the grace and the power to make my desired future happen, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: