Friday, December 22, 2023

Conquering timidity

 “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7

One of the greatest enemies of destiny is timidity. You must come to a position of confidence in your God-given ability to make things happen. If you doubt yourself, you cannot achieve much. Most times, your assignment will be greater than you, but God has placed within you what it takes to make it happen. He has given you the spirit of power, of love, and of a sound mind. Whatever God has put in your heart to do, go for it and you will achieve it (Philippians 4:13)

“And the Lord looked upon him, and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent thee?” Judges 6:14

“Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.” Acts 3:6

Gideon was chosen by God to deliver Israel from the hands of the Midianites. He could not see himself in that light. He was actually hiding his harvest from the same Midianites that God had chosen him to defeat. God had to bring him to a position of self-confidence to deal with his timidity. He eventually became bold enough to execute his assignment. Peter was confident that he had something to make the lame walk, and he was able to do exactly that.       

I see you getting unusual results in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Let timidity die in my life; let me be confident that God is at work in me to do what He asked me to do, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: