Thursday, December 14, 2023

Uncommon sense

 "Master," Simon answered, "we worked hard all night long and caught nothing. But if you say so, I will let down the nets." Luke 5:5 NLT

It is common sense that when you work hard, do the right thing at the right time, and apply the right skills, you succeed. But what happened to Peter and his colleagues in Luke 5 revealed that one can still fail despite the application of this common sense. When common sense fails, what you need is uncommon sense. Every sense comes from receiving a piece of information. When you receive uncommon information and act on it, you display an uncommon sense that gives uncommon results.

“And the Lord said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward: But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.” Exodus 14:15-16 KJV

“Thus saith the Lord, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.” Isaiah 48:17 KJV

When you receive a revelation from God, you gain access to an uncommon sense. You may easily receive the word through an encounter with your prophet or pastor, as happened to Peter. In other cases, you may have to seek God’s face to get a word through meditation on the word, fasting, and prayer. Beloved, have you applied common sense and yet not gotten the result? Don’t give up; there is a way for you. The Lord will lead you and guide you. He will bring you to that mountain of success and breakthrough. Your responsibility is to seek the Lord on the issue, and whatever He tells you, do.

You will enter your promised land, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, open my ears to hear You, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: