Friday, December 15, 2023

Unusual alternative

 “And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.” Luke 2:7

You may have to accept an unusual alternative for a while on your way to fulfilling your destiny. As long as there is life, there is hope (Job 14:7). The only available alternative was for Jesus to be laid in a manger. There was no room in the inn. Not that they could not afford an inn, but there was no room for them. Jesus did not stay long in the manger because the wise men met them in a house (Matthew 2:11). Don’t kill yourself by forcing a door to open. It does not matter to start small; it is more important not to end small. If the job you are qualified for is not available, accept what is available and work yourself to the top. Don’t be afraid to start the business with what you have. If you are waiting for the condition to be perfect, you may not start anything (Ecc 11:4).

“For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the Lord, which run to and fro through the whole earth.” Mark 6:3

“Though thy beginning was small, yet thy latter end should greatly increase.” Job 8:7

Most times, what you have in your hand is enough, but if you neglect it, you may waste your years. As we celebrate the birth of Jesus, do not forget that His first abode was a manger, although He was the king of kings. He started in a manger, but He did not stay there. Never stay idle; do something with your time and grow it into greatness.

May you get to your destination, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, open my eyes to see opportunity in my adversity, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: