Tuesday, December 12, 2023

You are coming out! 4

 “And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.” Matthew 28:5-6

There are many implications of the empty tomb of Christ Jesus for every believer in Him. If the tomb could not hold Jesus, no “tomb” could hold you. Sickness is a tomb; it cannot hold you. Poverty is a tomb; it cannot hold you. Bondage and afflictions are tombs; they cannot hold you. I have good news for you: you are coming out of everything that represents a tomb around you. You are a living; you will not be found among the dead in Jesus’ name.

“And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?” Luke 24:5

“And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.” 1 Corinthians 15:14

The empty tomb complements the cross. The purpose of the cross would have been defeated if the tomb were not empty. The cross represents victory over sin, and the empty tomb represents victory over satan, hell, and death. If the tomb was not empty, we have nothing to preach; Christianity will then be like other religions. But. Halleluiah, the tomb is empty; Jesus is risen not to die again but to be alive in us and through us by His indwelling Spirit. The empty tomb signifies the living Christ. It also means that the resurrection power is available to bring you out (Romans 8:11).

You are coming out of every “tomb”, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, let the resurrection power bring me out of every tomb-like situation in my life, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: