Sunday, December 3, 2023

It shall be well

 “But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.” Genesis 50:20

What the enemy meant for evil, God shall turn to good. Do not focus too much on what the enemy is doing; focus on your goal and see God using your enemy for you all the way. Your enemy can help you get to your destination if you understand that he or she does not have the final say about your life. The truth is that some of us need ‘good enemies’ to be who God wants us to be. Joseph would have stayed permanently with his father if not for the fact that he was sold to the Ishmeelites by his brothers. He would have stayed permanently with Potiphar if not for the lies of Potiphar’s wife against him.

“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28

“And her adversary also provoked her sore, for to make her fret, because the Lord had shut up her womb. And as he did so year by year, when she went up to the house of the Lord, so she provoked her; therefore she wept, and did not eat.” 1 Samuel 1:6-7

Anna would have been content with a double portion of food if not for the provocation of Peninnah. Her positive response to that provocation gave her Samuel and six more children. Many of us would not have known the power of God if not for the fact that we were faced with adversaries and situations that were stronger than us.

May your enemy become your stepping stone to your glory, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, what the enemy meant for evil, turn it to good for me, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: