Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Realizing the promises 2

 “And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.” Luke 24:49

Powerlessness is one of the reasons why people fail to experience the promises of God in their lives. When you receive power, you obtain the promises without hinderance. Satan has been holding what belongs to many because of their powerlessness. If you can tarry in God’s presence, you will have power. Perhaps there are some of your expectations that have been unnecessarily delayed, ask God to endue you with power from on high.

“And by thy sword shalt thou live, and shalt serve thy brother; and it shall come to pass when thou shalt have the dominion, that thou shalt break his yoke from off thy neck.” Genesis 27:40

“But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31

It takes power to bind the strongman and take what he stole from you (Matthew 12:29). As a child of God, you have the keys of the kingdom that give you access to power—power to bind and to loose. Most Christians are powerless because they don’t tarry in God’s presence. They prefer to watch TV rather than spend time in His presence. If you really desire to see the enemy submit to you and surrender what he is withholding from you, you must receive power.

Receive power, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, endue me with power from on high, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: