Sunday, October 1, 2023

Maximizing spiritual advantage

 "And it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that she said unto her son, Bring me yet a vessel. And he said unto her, There is not a vessel more. And the oil stayed." 2 Kings 4:6KJV

It was Morris Cerullo who said all truths are parallel. He was trying to illustrate spiritual matter with earthly, physical matter. If you want to maximize your spiritual contents, enlarge your physical capacity. The oil cannot stay if there are more vessels. You want more of God? Study the word, fast and pray, fellowship with the Holy Spirit, listen and obey Him. One of our leaders in the church pointed to the fact that if Elijah had walked instead of running, the hand of the Lord upon him would have made him get a supernatural “walking” result. He would not have run past the chariots but arrived at a supernatural walking pace. If you can run, why walk?

"And the hand of the Lord was on Elijah; and he girded up his loins, and ran before Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel." 1 Kings 18:46KJV

“Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.” Colossians 3:2KJV

Please give God the best of you to work with. When we don’t, we limit the spiritual advantage that God is offering to us. If you are not driven by spiritual needs, you may limit God’s intervention in your physical needs. Jesus said we should seek spiritual matters to conquer physical matters (Matthew 6:33).

May you have authority over all physical matters, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, let me hunger and thirst for more of you, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: