Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Make sure you are hearing God!

"Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:" Hebrews 1:3 KJV

You must learn to listen to and hear God. God’s word is the solution to all problems. God’s word is the source of His wisdom. God’s word is the source of winning faith. No matter what you are going through, give time to make sure you hear God on the matter. Have you ever imagined what Paul was doing when he was in the deadly storm with others on the voyage to Rome in Acts 27? He was seeking to hear God on the matter. The moment God spoke, the case was settled, and faith was born. A peaceful end was secured.

 " For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve, Saying, Fear not, Paul; thou must be brought before Caesar: and, lo, God hath given thee all them that sail with thee. Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me." Acts 27:23-25 KJV

“And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word…..And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.” Luke 10:39-42 KJV

 What we call trouble is something we don’t know how to handle. If you know what to do, you will be on top of any situation. This is what will happen to you if you can hear God. The easiest way to learn to hear God is to spend time with Him and His word. If you choose to hear Him and obey, you will be unshakable in all events of life (Matthew 7:24-25).

May you be a hearer and doer of God’s word, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, open my ears so that I may hear you clearly, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: