Thursday, October 19, 2023

More than five senses

 “And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.” 2 Kings 6:17KJV

I shared with us yesterday about the invasion of our world by the spirt-world. The implication of this is that the five senses are not enough. You need the spiritual senses to take care of the happenings in and around you. All that your physical eyes can see are not all that are available to see. All that your physical ears can hear are not all that are available to hear. You must have an opened eyes and ears to handle destiny issues. Your spiritual senses must be active for you to deal with situation.

“Therefore the heart of the king of Syria was sore troubled for this thing; and he called his servants, and said unto them, Will ye not shew me which of us is for the king of Israel?  And one of his servants said, None, my lord, O king: but Elisha, the prophet that is in Israel, telleth the king of Israel the words that thou speakest in thy bedchamber.” 2 Kings 6:11-12KJV

“And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.” Luke 24:31KJV

One of the products of not sensing correctly is fear. Gehaz was afraid when he could not see the whole picture. He could only see the enemy but could not see what God has done. You have got to have your spiritual senses active so that you can have the detail of what is going on. That is when you can do the right thing. God’s wisdom is available to those who can connect with Him and see exactly the way He would see things. 

May your spiritual senses be active in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God reveal things to me through Your Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: