Wednesday, October 4, 2023

New and greater heights

 “The Lord our God spake unto us in Horeb, saying, Ye have dwelt long enough in this mount:” Deuteronomy 1:6KJV

Reach forth to new and greater heights in your life. You are more than this. Challenge your sense of comfort. Challenge the red sea and Jericho wall that want you to stay on the same spot. Challenge the storms roaring against your progress. More importantly, challenge yourself. The Israelites stayed for about forty years in Mount Horeb. It was as if they were tied down there and had become so comfortable that they were no longer willing to proceed to the promised land. Moses challenged them to leave Mount Horeb and go forward. Some people may not actually want to go forward because they are comfortable in their present situation. But God asked me to tell such people, you are not there yet; reach forth spiritually and physically.

“Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:13-14

“And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.” Matthew 11:12

Do you remember this hymn? Lord, lift me up and let me stand. By faith on Canaan's tableland, A higher plane than I have found, Lord, plant my feet on higher ground. Ask God to lift you and put you in your promised land. Press in spiritually and physically into your higher ground.

 This is the time to take new territories in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, take me into the higher ground, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: