Friday, October 6, 2023

Be Tough on yourself!

 “But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.” 1 Corinthians 15:10KJV

Set tough but reasonable goals for yourself and go for them. Do all that it takes to make your life count and to impact your generation. God has given you grace; do not waste it. Grace is for working; it is not for committing sin and living a frivolous and riotous life. One of our fathers in the faith said, don't take it easy, and I agreed with him. And he stated what the fathers did at a young age. They did not take it easy. Hardships don't only break; they make too, depending on your response.  Most of the successful men and women today came from difficult backgrounds.

“Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision: But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.” Acts 26:19-20

“And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;” Colossians 3:23

Even Jesus did not take it easy; he was born in a manger, was in obscurity for 30 years, fasted 40 days and 40 nights, prayed 12 hours at a stretch often, and walked about doing good.  If you think anything will be handed to you on a platter of gold without paying the price, you must be joking.  You are a youth; we told you not to fornicate, you are saying it is the normal trend. You are a Pastor or church worker, but deliberately living is sin. You will eventually discover that satan is behind every unholy trend to trap human beings and perpetuate bondages in their lives.  Be ready to go extra miles in personal development and results delivery. As a believer, fast and pray regularly. You must be full of faith and the Holy Spirit if you want to excel as a Christian.

May your life be impactful in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, let my life be full of faith and the Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: