Monday, October 2, 2023

There is no “yokeless” life

 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30KJV

I truly wish that life were without yoke, and I think you do too. However, there is no “yokeless” life. What Jesus offers to us is a lighter yoke. It is a yoke because to truly walk with Him, you must die to yourself, carry your cross and follow Him. If you do, you will find rest for your soul, for His yoke is easy and His burden is light. You will carry the anointing and the blessing that have no sorrow. Satan, on the other hand, is a thief, a killer and a destroyer. He puts heavy yokes on people and adds sorrow to their lives.

"Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow me." Luke 9:23 NLT

“The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, And he addeth no sorrow with it.” Proverbs 10:22 KJV

You will have to discipline yourself if you want to follow Jesus. You cannot live anyhow or like the people of the world. Now the good news is that if Jesus is on your side, nothing can be against you. You will be an overcomer in every situation. You will not go through things alone; His presence will be with you. He will give you spiritual authority and subdue the kingdom of darkness before you.

May you take your cross and follow Jesus, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, help me to follow you with the whole of my heart, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: