Sunday, October 8, 2023

Engage the Holy Spirit

 “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.” John 14:16-17KJV

When Jesus told His disciples that he was leaving, sorrow filled their hearts. He provided leadership, direction, power, and provision for them. They thought there would be a great vacuum if he left them. Jesus told them that it was better for Him to leave so that a better companion in the Person of the Holy Spirit might come to them. Today we see the work of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer in Jesus Christ. We have access to the wisdom and power of God through the Holy Spirit. He is indeed a comforter. His presence is the greatest help a man can have.

“Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.” John 16:13

“Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.” John 16:7

Beloved, the Holy Spirit is more than a tongue; He is a person. If you engage Him in your life, you can never be alone. He is God. He can provide answers that your intellectual capability cannot handle. He is gentle but powerful. If you give Him room in your life, you can never be defeated. He wants to have fellowship with you.

May you be helped by the Holy Spirit in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Holy Spirit, comfort and help me, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: