Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Taking authority

“Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” Luke 10:19 KJV

One of the indicators that you have accepted the victory given to you by Jesus Christ is the use of the authority He gave you. I cannot emphasize enough the fact that you cannot keep quiet when dealing with the enemy. You must speak like a king, because that is what you are if you are a believer in Christ Jesus. The only way you can exercise the authority given to you is by making a bold declaration. This is why we talk to sickness, and it leaves, and we talk to demons and they leave. We have the authority.

“Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?” Ecclesiastes 8:4KJV

“And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.” Revelation 5:9-10KJV

Let me tell you this: it is “normal” for anyone who carries something to be attacked; what is not normal is to keep quiet when the enemy is attacking you. It is also normal to fight for your potion; although we do not war after the flesh, we take authority. You grow in authority when you begin to use it. The battle you are facing now is your opportunity to take authority. 

You have victory in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: I take authority over serpents and scorpions and over the power of the enemy, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: