Friday, September 1, 2023

Instructions are key

Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the Lord will be with you.” 2 chronicles 20:17.

You don’t always need to fight to win a battle, but you always need to receive and obey instructions. The credibility of the person giving the instruction is what validates the instruction. If God gives you instructions and you obey, you can never lose the battle.  Your personal fellowship with the Holy Spirit through the word and prayer is more important than anything in this life. This is because this is where you get personal instruction to win in life.

And the Philistines came up yet again, and spread themselves in the valley of Rephaim. And when David enquired of the Lord, he said, Thou shalt not go up; but fetch a compass behind them, and come upon them over against the mulberry trees..” 2 Samuel 5:22-23

“Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught. And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.  And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.” Luke 5:4-6

The size of your battle does not matter, nor does the potency of your physical weapon. What matters is the source of the instruction you are acting on. The people of Judah only had to sing in the battle to win. Naaman only had to wash in the Jordan to be cleansed. The friend of the bridegroom only had to fetch water into the pot to have the best wine. No matter what you are going through, ask God what you should do, and don’t leave until you hear Him clearly.  

May you be willing and obedient in every situation, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, help me to receive instruction daily from you, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.


No comments: