Friday, September 22, 2023

Don’t doubt yourself!

 “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” Philippians 4:13.KJV.

Self-doubt is a negative force; you must come out of it if you really desire to make an impact with your life. The people who believed God never doubted themselves. They speak in one-person singular tense, although they knew God was working through them. You cannot work with God if you doubt yourself. God will have to pull you out of self-doubt before He works with you. This was what He did with Gideon in Judges 6. If you are doubting yourself, you have not met God. Spend time with God until you build your confidence.  You will surely need to believe in yourself to change situations and make your life count (Daniel 11:32).

“And David said to Saul, Let no man's heart fail because of him; thy servant (I) will go and fight with this Philistine.” 1 Samuel 17:32KJV (emphasis mine)

“And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the Lord God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.” 1 Kings 17:1KJV

“Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.” Acts 3:6

David said to Saul, don’t worry, I will go and kill the giant. Saul said you couldn’t! He gave Saul testimonies of the act of God through him. He spoke in first-person singular tense to Goliath. He said, "I will kill you today." These are not the statements of a person who is doubting himself. These are statements from a person who believed God and believed that God was working through him. See also the words of Elijah and Peter.

May you have an encounter with God that will build your self-confidence in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, give me the spirit of power, love and a sound mind, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: