Friday, September 15, 2023

The art of receiving 2

“For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?:” 1 Corinthians 4:7.

Let me tell you about one of the factors that separates a Christian from another: the ability to receive from the Lord. God is not limited in resources; and He is a purposeful God. He is not a respecter of persons, but He honors faith and dishonors doubts. Can you trust God with your life? Can you acknowledge God in all that you do? Can you be consistent and persistent in your relationship with God? Can you ask God to fill you for His purpose? If your answer to all these questions is in the affirmative, then you are set up for great heights in destiny, no matter your weaknesses and physical limitations.

“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.” Hebrews 11:6

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.” James 1:5-7

The problem is that most people who claim to have given their lives to Jesus Christ are holding it tightly. They trust in their own abilities more than God. They also want to do what they like and behave anyhow. This is why they are failing to receive from God. Beloved, you cannot have the best on earth without receiving something from God. True Christians receive from God; I am not talking about Christianity by name or by church attendance. I am talking of Christianity as a definite, clear, and consistent relationship with God.

May you hear what the Spirit is saying, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, have Your way in my life, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: