Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Spiritual growth 4

 “But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.” 1 Corinthians 9:27KJV

There cannot be spiritual growth without spiritual discipline. There are routines and rituals involved in your relationship with God. If you are not disciplined to follow these routines and rituals, you will not grow. In the old covenant, the rituals included establishing an altar to the Lord. In the new covenant, you cannot live anyhow or like the people of the world; you must be the altar, and you must fellowship with the Lord daily. You must study the word of God daily to build your soul and spirit. You must deal with the flesh and its lust. If you don’t deal with the flesh, you cannot grow spiritually.

“For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.” Romans 8:6KJV

“This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.” Galatians 5:16-17KJV

Spiritual growth will give you the spiritual authority to deal with life's issues. However, the flesh will fight your growth in the spirit. This is where spiritual discipline comes in. You must put the flesh under subjection. The flesh can be trained to obey the spirit. But this also requires spiritual discipline. The fact that most Christians fail in this area and are unable to attain the spiritual authority that God has for them makes this a serious matter. Ask God to help you as you decide to deal with the flesh and its lust for you to grow.

 The flesh shall not have dominion over you in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: I take authority over the flesh and its lust and I receive the fullness of God’s Spirit, Jesus’ name

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: