Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Taking your inheritance 3

 “Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:” Colossians 1:12-13.

Every believer in Christ is qualified to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints. This is because we are delivered from the power of darkness. We are no longer in any form of bondage. This must be our mentality, even if we need to deal with such issues and situations. Also, we belong to a superior kingdom, the kingdom of God’s dear Son, Jesus Christ. I believe we must set our minds on what Jesus has obtained for us more than our challenges if we want to really walk in the light of our inheritance.  We must magnify the work of God and His glory above the work of the enemy.

“Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.” Ephesians 2:5-7

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death..” Romans 8:1-2

We must deal with the issues of sin, sickness, and poverty from the perspective of a winner rather than from the perspective of a victim. If we are conscious of the fact that we are seated with Christ in the heavenly places, and walk by the spirit, we can deal with anything that wants our life not to reflect God’s glory. Perhaps you are going through “things” right now, you can predict that your testimony will surely come, if you maintain your walk in the spirit.

We have the victory, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, help me to walk through all challenges in the consciousness of the finished work of Christ, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: