Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Prayer facilitates action

 “But as one was felling a beam, the axe head fell into the water: and he cried, and said, Alas, master! for it was borrowed. And the man of God said, Where fell it? And he shewed him the place. And he cut down a stick, and cast it in thither; and the iron did swim. Therefore said he, Take it up to thee. And he put out his hand, and took it.” 2 Kings 6:5-7.

Prayer will do at least three things for you: enables you to know what to do, empower you to do what you should do, and bring divine intervention for what is beyond you. When prayer goes before action, then the action will be successful. Prayer is not a lazy man’s way but a wise man’s way to engage divinity in the affairs of humanity. After praying, you still need to act, although prayer is an act by itself. The act of the Apostles could not have been possible without praying first. Prayer will make the axe head float on water, but you still need to put out your hand and take it.

“But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” Acts 1:8

“Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.” Acts 12:5

No matter how strong or weak you think you are, make prayer part of your daily routine. Pray without ceasing. Pray, whether your condition is good or bad. Pray if you desire to ascend and have authority over the power of the enemy. Pray if you desire to take territory for God’s kingdom. Pray if you need to change things and make things work.

May you be effective in prayer in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, give me the grace to daily fellowship with you in prayer, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: