Friday, September 29, 2023

Stir up the gift of God

 "Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands." 2 Timothy 1:6KJV

 As a Christian, you are gifted both physically and spiritually. You must identify your gift and put it to use. Timothy was advised to stir it up. Another version of the bible says to fan it to flame. In other words, it is possible for a gift to be dormant and just exist in a “potential” state unless something is done about it and with it. Moreover, God expects you to profit with your gift. You need to be active with God’s deposit in your life and sharpen the gifts through the right training. The people you move with are also important; they can either make alive your gift or kill it.

“Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.” Matthew 13:52 KJV

“He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.” Proverbs 13:20 KJV

We are in an advantage generation in that any training we will need that will help our gift is most likely available online. Also, collaboration is now so easy, and it is about being intentional and focus on who you want to relate with. It is time for us to take advantage of these and make use of our gifts for our generation.

 May you be relevant in this age in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, put your fire in me and use me for your glory, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: