Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Spiritual growth 3

 “Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ. I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the traditions just as I passed them on to you.” 1 Corinthians 11:1-2NIV

Let us look at the art of following as pertaining to spiritual growth. The art of following someone is copying or imitating them. Paul said to the Corinthians that they should imitate him as he imitates Christ. If you follow someone, you will walk in the same grace and anointing as the person. You can grow by simply following the example of a mature believer. This can also be called spiritual mentoring. God has put grace in men that can be shared and passed on. 

“When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.” 2 Timothy 1:5KJV

“That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.” Hebrews 6:12KJV

The art of following involves hard work and discipline. It is not for spiritually lazy men and women. You must follow those who have testimonies through faith and patience. Whoever you follow can make you into who he is (Matthew 4:19). Read the story of how Elisha got the double portion of the anointing of Elijah (2Kings 2). He was focused and disciplined; he did not allow anything to deter him, not even the sons of the prophet. The question is, Who is your spiritual mentor?

May you follow Jesus faithfully and committedly in Jesus’ name,

Prayer for today: Oh God, connect me with people you have sent into my life for my spiritual growth, Jesus’ name

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: