Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Effective thinking 3

 “I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.” Job 42:5  KJV.

When we talk about effective thinking as Christians, there are three kinds of Christians, and the way they think differ. There are nominal Christians; they bear Christian names, sometimes attend church, but are not committed to the Lord. There are Christians who became Christians because someone told them about Christ. These can grow into the third kind of Christians who have grown from hearing about Christ but have personal encounters with Him. Your thinking will change if you have a personal encounter with Jesus.                                                                      

“And when they had kindled a fire in the midst of the hall, and were set down together, Peter sat down among them. But a certain maid beheld him as he sat by the fire, and earnestly looked upon him, and said, This man was also with him.  And he denied him, saying, Woman, I know him not.” Luke 22:55-57KJV

“Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.” Acts 4:13 KJV

Peter's thinking changed from the one that produced timidity to the kind of thinking that produced boldness. What changed? He received the Holy Spirit and Power. Ask God for more of Him. You can determine the effectiveness of your thinking by the fruit in your life. If you don’t like the fruit, ask God for a fresh encounter.

May you have a personal encounter with God in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, Let  me have a personal experience of Your Person and Your Powers, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: