Saturday, September 2, 2023

Tarrying in God’s presence

 “And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.” Luke 24:49

You surely need the wisdom and power of God in your life. If you learn to tarry in His presence, you will walk in the wisdom and power of God. If you really desire to generate spiritual energy, you must learn to tarry in God’s presence. The ability to tarry is one of the significant differences between weak and strong Christians. If you cultivate the habit of lingering in God’s presence, you will carry His glory and power. This is the answer to our weaknesses and powerlessness.

“But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31

“The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.” Psalms 110:1

“And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him.” Exodus 34:30

Maybe you are feeling weak and have no or little energy as a Christian; begin to wait upon the Lord. Sit in His presence, worshiping, meditating, and praying until His glory comes upon you. You cannot have an encounter with Him and not carry His energy. But I can assure you that the devil will not want you to do this. He will try to use the busyness of this generation to stop you. But I pray for you, may you receive grace to tarry in His presence in Jesus' name.

May you be a carrier of God’s power in Jesus name,

Prayer for today: Oh God, let your light and energy enter into me in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: