Sunday, July 3, 2022

Why sit here until we die?

 “And there were four leprous men at the entering in of the gate: and they said one to another, Why sit we here until we die?” 2 kings 7:3

Analytical thinking resulting in a wise decision and corresponding action may be what you need to cause a radical change in the situation. Challenge your unwanted situation using the power of analytical thinking. The four lepers did not hear the prophecy that had gone ahead, declaring a miraculous change in the situation in Samaria. However, their thought and corresponding action were key to the fulfillment of the prophecy. They identified a fifty percent chance of survival in the camp of the enemy through analytical thinking and went for it. They said to themselves, why sit here until we die? They took a calculated risk and brought abundance to Samaria.

“If we say, We will enter into the city, then the famine is in the city, and we shall die there: and if we sit still here, we die also. Now therefore come, and let us fall unto the host of the Syrians: if they save us alive, we shall live; and if they kill us, we shall but die.” 2 kings 7:4

“And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee.” Luke 15:17-18

The Lepers got to the camp only to discover that the enemy had left. The origin of the scarcity had been dealt with, and abundance was now available. Similarly, the prodigal son made a decision to go back to his father using the power of analytical thinking. He was welcomed by his father into abundance again.

May you know what to do in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, lead me in the way I should go and teach me to make profit in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: