Thursday, July 7, 2022

The confidence of David

 “Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.” 1 Samuel 17:36

Do not neglect past victories if you want confidence to handle your new and current challenges. David remembered what God did in the past to build the confidence to confront and kill Goliath. Nobody knew when he killed the bear and the Lion. However, when he shared the testimony with Saul, Saul also believed David could do it and was willing to risk the whole army of Israel on the young and inexperienced boy.

 “Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.” Hebrews 10:35

“And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” Revelation 19:10

Beloved, your confidence is very crucial to your victory right now. If you can remember what God has done in the past, then you can be sure He can do it again and believe Him. Even if what you are facing right now is a bigger challenge. If you have a testimony, then you can prophesy about your future.

May you use your past testimonies to build your confidence in God in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, do again what You have done for me in the past in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: