Friday, July 29, 2022

Fear the Lord

 “And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.” Job 28:28

I speak to you about the fear of the Lord as reverence of His personality and His glory. This is the prerequisite to carrying His presence, which is the greatest blessing a man can experience on earth. Joseph said to Potiphar’s wife, “how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?” The strength of your character is determined by your fear of the Lord. What do you do when no man is watching? What do you do in secret? How would men describe you and your character? You cannot fear the Lord and do wickedness. The fear of the Lord will not allow you to be visited with evil.

“The fear of the Lord tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.” Proverbs 19:23

“The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.” Proverbs 14:27

I don’t really care to know how financially rich you are, if you don’t have the fear of the Lord you are poor and at the same time a fool. You are in danger of the snare of death. Even as a slave in Potiphar’s house, Joseph was said to be prosperous because he feared the Lord and the presence of the Lord was with him. If you fear the Lord, you will love righteousness and depart from iniquity. This will attract the anointing of God upon your life. It is the beginning of wisdom.

May you walk in the fear of the Lord in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, help me to reverence you with my life in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: