Friday, July 8, 2022

The disobedience of Saul

 “And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.” 1 Samuel 15:22

In your relationship with the Lord, NOTHING can take the place of obedience. You can only get the best from the Lord if you walk in obedience to Him. The prerequisite to His blessings, His protection, and His seal upon your life is obedience. Do whatever He wants you to do. Stay wherever He wants you to stay and you will not have to worry about what others worry about.

“For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, he hath also rejected thee from being king.” 1 Samuel 15:23

“If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.” Job 36:11

Half obedience is disobedience. Saul was told to annihilate the Amalekites including the animals. He spared Agag, the king, and the best of the sheep, and of the oxen, and of the fatlings, and the lambs, and all that was good, and would not utterly destroy them. His argument was that he wanted to sacrifice them unto the Lord. No sacrifice can take the place of obedience to the Lord. He lost the throne.

May you not lose what God has given you to disobedience in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, give me the grace to obey you at all times in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: