Monday, July 18, 2022

Christian growth 3

 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:” 1 Peter 2:2

Christian growth comes by feeding on the word of God. Christian growth is a result of a strong desire. You must sincerely desire the word and feed on the word, then growth becomes natural. The word will build you up both in grace and in faith. As your meal of the word changes from milk to solid, you grow and become mature so that your senses are exercised to discern both good and evil.

“And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.” Acts 20:32

“For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.” Hebrews 5:13-14

You must grow to become effective as a Christian. Do not be satisfied no matter your state of Christianity. God has more for you. Apart from this, it is unhealthy spiritually not to grow. Hell does not want you to grow, do not cooperate with her. Your spiritual inheritance depends on your growth.

May you grow as a Christian in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, give me a strong desire for Your word in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: