Sunday, July 31, 2022

The man with a right heart

 “But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7

As we begin a new month today, may your heart be right before God. When God sent Samuel to the house of Jesse to anoint a man to take the place of Saul, He was looking for a man with a right heart. God found the right heart in David. Eliab had the stature and the countenance, but he failed at heart. He was too proud for God to use. The heart of the matter is the matter of the heart. God always looks for a humble heart. Even Saul was chosen because he had a humble heart and when he became proud he was rejected. The best of God is for those who are willing to submit in humility to God.

“Samuel said, "Although you were once small in your own eyes, did you not become the head of the tribes of Israel? The LORD anointed you king over Israel.” 1 Samuel 15:17

 “And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?” Luke 17:17.

In addition to a humble heart, God also prefers those who are grateful at heart. Jesus asked about the other ungrateful nine lepers when only one showed up with gratitude. Paul admonished us in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 to give thanks in all circumstances because it is God's will for us in Christ Jesus. If you are always concentrating on the negative, you will not be able to see the good things God has done for you. This is dangerous because it will give you a sad heart and an ungrateful heart. God prefers a humble and grateful heart whenever He wants to lift a man.

May you be lifted by God this month in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God give me a right heart and renew a right spirit within me in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: