Wednesday, July 6, 2022

The prayer of Jacob

 “And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.” Genesis 32:26

The blessing of God will make a difference in your life at all times and in all situations. The blessing of God will produce life in you, empower you to succeed, and give you favor in the sight of your enemy. Perhaps, you are going through tough times right now, ask God to bless you. Jacob was faced with the difficult situation of confronting Esau whom he supplanted. Esau was coming against him with four hundred soldiers. However, he prevailed in prayer asking God to bless him. Consequently, Esau received him well.

 “And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.” 1 Chronicles 4:10

“How shall I curse, whom God hath not cursed? or how shall I defy, whom the Lord hath not defied?” Numbers 23:8

The blessing of God will swallow all curses and bring increase and enlargement to you. You must ask God to bless you and walk in obedience to His covenant to attract His blessing. A deceiver cannot be blessed. A wicked man cannot be blessed. A disobedient cannot be blessed. Ask God to reveal to you what may hinder His blessing in your life.

You are blessed in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, bless me indeed and enlarge my coast in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: