Wednesday, May 18, 2022

What is your spiritual temperature?

 “I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.” Revelation 3:15.

Spiritual energy is like heat energy, the driving force is the temperature difference. Your spiritual temperature is an indication of your spiritual energy. John spoke about Jesus baptizing people with the Holy Ghost and fire. Jesus Himself said He came to kindle fire and put the tongue of fire on the disciples on the day of Pentecost. God our Father is also a consuming fire. You cannot afford to be 'fireless' and cold; you must be really hot for the Lord against the devil and his kingdom.

“Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;” Romans 12:11

“And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.” Revelation 3:1

How do we know your spiritual temperature? Your work, how you serve the Lord. You cannot carry fire and not be involved in the work of God, both in the church and the marketplace. You cannot carry fire in your bone and be in agreement with the devil to bow to Nebuchadnezzar’s idol. It is however important to be hot because of both the spiritual and secular challenges that are ahead of us.

May you carry fire, in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, put Your fire in my bones and in my spirit in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: