Monday, May 2, 2022

Conquering failure 2

 “As the king passed by, the prophet called out to him, “Sir, I was in the battle, and a man brought me a prisoner and said, ‘Keep this man; if he gets away, you must die, or else pay me $2,000!’ But while I was busy doing something else, the prisoner disappeared!” 1 Kings 20:39-40(TLB)

You must conquer distraction if you want to conquer failure in any area of your life. Distraction reduces your input into and commitment to your vision. Most times, success will demand all of you. Distraction is a result of either indiscipline or indecision. If you have not decided totally on a vision, you could be easily distracted. If you are not disciplined enough to cut off unnecessary activities in your life, your success can be threatened.

“And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.” Luke 10:41-42

“Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.” Daniel 6:10

Distraction makes you busy with something else.  It is wise to determine what is needful and put your whole life into it. Nothing would distract Daniel from praying, not even a threat of being cast into the Lions' den. What is it that you must be doing regularly as a habit to succeed? Cut off all distractions and do it at all costs if you want to conquer failure.

I break the hold of distraction over you in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God give me the wisdom to decide on action plans for my success and be committed to it in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: