Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Speak or pray?

 “And the Lord said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward: But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.” Exodus 14:15-16.

There is a time to pray to God and there is a time to speak to situations and things. Moses was still praying when God expected him to divide the red sea and move forward. Jesus at the tomb of Lazarus prayed to God, but spoke to Lazarus to come out. Most of our challenges in life will require us to speak to it for us to have victory. However, if we know how to spend time with God by praying in the secret our speaking will carry more power.

“Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.” Job 22:28

“Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me…. And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.” John 11:41-43

I believe we must spend time in prayer, worshiping God and asking Him for wisdom and power. But, when we are confronted with mountains, we must speak to them (Mark 11:23-24). We must learn how to decree and see result. This understanding is significant in our walk of faith. Don’t waste time praying when you are supposed to be speaking.

 

I decree you have the victory in Jesus name.

 

Prayer for today: I speak to my mountain to move and give way for me in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: