Monday, May 23, 2022

The Prayer altar of Daniel

 “Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.” Daniel 6:10.

Every man that walked with God and through whom the power and the wisdom were displayed had a strong prayer altar. One of them was Daniel. He excelled as an academician, a Priest, and a Politician. He prayed three times a day. The bible did not tell us how long each of those prayers lasted. However, it was clear that he did it with the intention to be a true witness and representative of God in the world of His time.  He kept the altar with the purity of body, soul, and spirit, so there was no room for the enemy, whether spiritual or physical.

“There is a man in thy kingdom, in whom is the spirit of the holy gods; and in the days of thy father light and understanding and wisdom, like the wisdom of the gods, was found in him; whom the king Nebuchadnezzar thy father, the king, I say, thy father, made master of the magicians, astrologers, Chaldeans, and soothsayers; Forasmuch as an excellent spirit, and knowledge, and understanding, interpreting of dreams, and shewing of hard sentences, and dissolving of doubts, were found in the same Daniel, whom the king named Belteshazzar: now let Daniel be called, and he will shew the interpretation.” Daniel 5:11-12

The earthen testified that Daniel had the answers they were looking for. Daniel had access to secrets that were not available to the magicians of Babylon. Daniel was indomitable. Daniel had influence. Christians with strong character, purity, and power like Daniel are needed today. Will you be one?

May you build a strong prayer altar in your life in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, choose me for Your glory on earth in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: